Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/11 18:00
After a month, the local immigration office told me that my application had all required docs and was being sent up to the regional office for review. Anyone know anything about this and how close I might be to approval? I was under the impression that the processing time could take several months but mine went rather well and quick. Ifm assuming that I have completed the processing phase and Ifm now waiting for final approval. The contact officer at immigration told me that no more documents would be requested.
by PR in Japan (guest)  

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/12 09:35
A few more details
-spouse of Japan for over 10 years. We have 2 kids.
by PR in Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/12 11:16
We never received any news during the process at all about documents all in place; it took eight months if I remember right (my spouse - spouse of Japanese national for way over 10 years, both freelance workers, no kids). I think itfs just a lot of applications waiting in line to be processed. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/12 12:30
Correction - it took 6 months (but back in 2017).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/12 15:11
Thank you for the response. I know they donft usually provide an update but we had several discussions with the assigned officer and he offered that little gem in réponse to a question by my wife. It seems that the local immigration office goes through the application ensuring that all is in order. He asked us to write a letter explaining this and that for example. Once all was completed he sent the application to the upper level regional office for review. Was curious about these phases of the process. Is there a third, me wonders. Most likely not. In all the reading Ifve done online, I havenft come across information on this.
by PR in Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/13 16:03
I recently got my PR after waiting for about 3 months, looking at all the responses and general guidelines makes me thank my lucky stars. I had to go back to submit extra documents once, plus had 2 phone calls from immigration, one was to me asking about work and what my spouse does, the other was like at 7:30am on a weekday lol. Needless to say my other half didn't like being bothered while getting ready for work!
by the man with the plan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/13 17:04
Thanks for the response. Did you get all your calls in the first month or so?
by Pr in japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residency process phases? 2021/12/13 17:20
About 2 months after I submitted my application, both calls were about only a week apart. They spoke to me and it was entirely in Japanese.
by the man with the plan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread