Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/13 23:51
Morning, my name is LMNPRXY, in the next couple of years, I plan on living and making a living in Japan. From what I’ve seen, the CompTIA are pretty comprehensive, so I’m wondering if it would meet the requirements for getting a work visa. I realize I need to get someone to hire me first and foremost, but in the likelihood I’m able to get hired, will CompTIA be enough? If so or if not, I would appreciate some links to help me understand.

Thank you.
by Tyler Heyward (guest)  

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/14 15:47
There is no visa called work visa, which you can engage any jobs. Visas for working are various and which one you get depends on your job. Then, eligibility for visa application is depend on job. While just any BA degree is enough for a visa for ALT job, a BA relevant to job is essential for some other jobs, some experiences are required for a visa for few other jobs.

In case IT engineering job, for example, what I heard is that you are basically required a relevant BA, however people without a BA but with some experiences and or qualification which Japan recognize are eligible to apply. I hope someone who know well could help you in better English.
by www (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/14 15:51
I forget to write that whether you are eligible to be hired is depend on visa eligibility. If you are not eligible to apply a visa for working, then nobody hire you even if you have ability.
by www (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/14 16:59
If you intend to work in IT field, the list of certificate on this site may help to get an answer for your question. https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/laws/nyukan_hourei_h09.html(出入国在留管理庁)
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/15 07:41
@guest do I get that correctly that those are localised tests from some asian countries and no international acceptance or information? Do you need to tests to be eligible for what? Applying for a IT related visa?
by nja (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/15 15:49
CompTIA seems to be an IT related organization which is not Japanese. If so, and OP's question is whether the certificate from that organization is accepeted for visa application or not, I think answer is no. It isn't listed on that Japan immigration site. However, I think that any certificates on the list isn't required as long as OP holds a degree in IT, which is related to the work he/she engages. OP and @nja should enquire Japanese immigration if you don't hold a required degree and need a certificate alternatively.

Even if immigration accepts the certificate from that organization, I think many employers don't. I mean you cannot be employed without a degree, certificates aren't enough. It is almost same in other field in Japan, some people even refuse to marry people without a degree although not all Japanese people are like that.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/15 15:50
requirements for getting a work visa
University degree or work experience (10years) full stop.
Or .. Spouse of Japanese National...

https://www.juridique.jp/immigration.php
under "Engineer"
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/15 22:49
This site gives a more detailed explanation of the basic requirements.

You need one of these:

-university/college degree in IT (even associates degree is fine)

-10 years of relevant work experience

-one of the certifications posted previously

https://eng.visa-immi.com/list/humanities/

A BA is required by many employers but not by the immigration office.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CompTIA certification viability 2021/12/20 00:48
@.... Thanks for the information, I'm also aware that ComptTIA will not be worth a lot if anything for an application ( I also don't have this one, and I'm not looking for a Visa or Job :-) ), I just wanted to get the information as this list looks really weird (and Japan like) with some local tests that you need to take, as the page is only in Japanese I guess the tests for the certifications are the same...
by nja (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread