Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tattoo rules at Tsurunoyu Onsen 2022/1/6 14:20
We are planning a group trip to Tsurunoyu Onsen as recommended by japan-guide as one of the not to be missed. The worry is two of our group members have tattoos on their arm and leg (big one that can't be covered by tattoo stickers). Just wondering if Kashikiri bath is available from Tsurunoyu onsen, so they can bath privately. As I can't find any information from their website nor contact them via email. Would you have any information or advise on that?
by Peter Leung (guest)  

Re: Tattoo rules at Tsurunoyu Onsen 2022/1/7 20:15
From memory, Japanese Guesthouses books directly for you and they can answer this question. If my memory serves me right, I don't remember them having a private onsen and I think there was a no tattoo sign but I may be wrong or it may have changed...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoo rules at Tsurunoyu Onsen 2022/1/28 08:58

Yes, they have one kashikiri rotenburo, possibly exclusively for those staying in the main building only.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoo rules at Tsurunoyu Onsen 2022/2/26 05:12
I don't recall seeing the private onsen when there, but the public ones were 100% no tattoo. My sister has many tattoos and was not allowed in the onsen.
by tssmm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tattoo rules at Tsurunoyu Onsen 2022/2/27 14:19

I don't recall seeing the private onsen when there
I would not be surprised if the majority of visitors/ staying guests did not know about the " kashikiri rotenburo", which is located next to a creek, and hidden inside the main building. As far as I know, they do not advertise. However, if you stay in the main building, especially in one of the expensive rooms, you would possibly be notified.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread