Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 03:24
Hello Everyone

I have a question about japanese tax and other stuffs

Actually i am working in MNC in japan as a full time employee from last year, but i am receiving less salary around 280000 yen. But due to family problems i had to find another job for part time.

1. So my question is can i work with new employer with out informing the current employer and manage two jobs at the same time?

2. Both the employer will deducting tax, insurance and other things from my salary, so will they get to know that i am working tor two companies at the same time?

3. During the tax filing tiime will my current employer figures out that i am working for another employer too?

Please guide me with answers

Regards
by Anjali (guest)  

Re: Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 12:44
1. So my question is can i work with new employer with out informing the current employer and manage two jobs at the same time?

The first question would be: Does your current employer allow working for another company? (Check your employment contract). Another thing is, if you make over a certain amount, youfd have to do the tax filing yourself (see my answer for 3 below).

2. Both the employer will deducting tax, insurance and other things from my salary, so will they get to know that i am working tor two companies at the same time?

If you work for two companies, youfd need to inform both that you are, so that you can consolidate your insurance and taxes into one - I mean, if you get the insurance deducted for two systems by two different companies, youfd be paying double.

3. During the tax filing tiime will my current employer figures out that i am working for another employer too?

If you are getting income from more than one source (and the amount goes over a certain amount) you need to do your own tax filing. Youfd ask for gGensen Choshu-Hyoh from both entities, and you consolidate them so that the tax office can assess taxes on your gtotalh income.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 17:08
double payments of insurance will not happen.

your company can know your other workings. be honest is the best for you.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 19:02
Actually, I have permission to work for another company, but Its just 2 hours/ day and not more than 40 hrs/ month.

So this won`t help in any way to earn more, so i thought of working with another employer without informing the current employer.

About insurance, if i tell the new employer that i will pay my insurance myself, will then the current employer finds out about the new job????
by anjali (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 19:04
Since you posted this question, you don't seem to have a Japanese spouse and you seem to have one of the resident status for working sponsored by your employer. If so, before tax things, please make sure your resident status allows you to engage your second job. If it is in the different category, it is illegal. It also affects on emotion of Japanese people against foreigners living in Japan.
by Asiansenior (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Tax and calculation system 2022/1/16 19:07
The current employer will find out - or they will need to find out, because you need the two employers to cooperate in terms of documents for any tax filing purposes. Also the tax ID number you have in Japan (gMy Number) will be the same for the two different employers, so the tax office will know.

If you tell the new employer you have your own insurance, they will want to know what insurance you have - national health insurance, or any other employerfs social security system. Companies having over a certain number of employees are obliged to enrol their employees into their system.
Honesty is the best strategy.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread