Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Submitting tax documents 2022/1/17 11:39
Does anyone know what the procedure is to filing taxes in Japan? This is my first time to file the taxes and I was given the tax document to show my records within the company and my company said to just bring it to the closest tax office. Do I need to fill out anything or just need to drop it off to them? If anyone has any information on this, that would be great. Thanks!
by John (guest)  

Re: Submitting tax documents 2022/1/17 17:14
just bring it to the closest tax office.

Many tax offices open a temporal office for tax filling this period and day that you can go is indicated by area you live, not all the offices do the same though. Due to the pandemic, online formality is recommended more and more . You had better to check how your nearest tax office does it.
by Nouzeisya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Submitting tax documents 2022/1/19 14:35
I see, but that doesn't really answer my question.. I'm asking if there is anything that you need to bring or fill out other than the tax document itself. Does anyone have experience with this when filing taxes in Japan if you can just bring it to the tax office? If it can be filed online, how can you do that?
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Submitting tax documents 2022/1/19 14:50
https://www.nta.go.jp/taxes/shiraberu/shinkoku/tebiki/2020/pdf/061.pdf
this is the last year's how to use their website.
this year's version is not present right now.
you can see the outline of how to do.
if you have a PC or smartphone, you may do it.
I recommend to use a PC and a printer. input, print, check it, and bring it to the tax office or send it by post mail. you can't use e-mail.
when you input your data, you will see what is necessary. it depends on persons.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Submitting tax documents 2022/1/19 15:06
Check municipality's homepage. If you don't do online and go to the tax centre/kaijo, you might need to make a reservation.
by mamoru (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread