Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/23 11:24
I would like to know about the Hokkaido free pass. I have seen in the Japan travel guide that Hokkaido free pass can be used even by Japan passport holders. But I don't see anywhere else about such a pass. Does anybody know whether this pass still exist ? From where it can be purchased in Hokkaido and Kansai ?
by Harikrishna (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/23 16:04
Yes, it still exists. Here is the official website:
https://www.jrhokkaido.co.jp/CM/Otoku/006708/

It can be purchased at major JR stations in Hokkaido and elsewhere in Japan, but it seems that it is not sold at ticket offices of JR West anymore, which includes the Kansai area (although it may be sold at the JR Central ticket offices in Shin-Osaka and Kyoto stations). Furthermore it can be purchase at travel agencies across Japan.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/23 17:55
Thank yo very much for the reply
by Harikrishna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/24 03:43
As said above, it exists. That said, it costs almost the same as a full JR Rail Pass. And the only part of the island that has a bullet train right now is up to Hakodate - that makes it quite difficult to break even on, unless you are really spending a lot of time riding the trains.

I strongly suggest you plan an itinerary and check out the regular fares to make sure you are not wasting money. Plus, for convenience and access to more places, there is a good reason why many people going to visit Hokkaido opt to rent a car.

Be aware also that you can't use it during the blackout periods (essentially Golden Week, end/start of the year, and summer peak (mid-August).
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/24 08:38
Actually I am landing in Sapporo then travelling to asahikawa and abashiri. . flying in by peach. Hence I think , leach higashi area pass will suit my requirements . I am planning to travel by early Feb

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/26 03:17
You can buy Hokkaido inter city bus pass 5
Day=9000 yen or
Hokkaido budget bus pass 5 Day= 17000 yen
by Cafdepartex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/26 09:31
Thanks a lot. I will look in to it

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/26 09:31
Thanks a lot. I will look in to it

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/28 22:11
You can buy Hokkaido Love!6 Day Tour pass=
12000 yen ,cover Unlimited Limited express train,Local train,Bus rapid transit BRT whole
Of hokkaido prefecture
by Porimoni (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/1/28 22:13
Thank you

Re: Hokkaido free pass 2022/2/4 03:04
Free pass valid For 7 Day=27430 yen cover JR hokkaido bus, limited express train,local train
by Riaz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread