Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/1/29 23:24
Hello
I don’t know anyone in this situation so I would be very thankful to get help from you.
I got an work offer in April from a Japanese company and currently living in Japan with a Designated activity visa ( I just graduated university ).
I accepted the Naitei and the Japanese company employed an immigration lawyer to proceed visa application.

In the meantime, I got an offer from a Foreign company, where I am familiar with the company culture and people, with better salary and responsibilities. I feel like accepting this job offer but it will mean resigning the naitei before entering the Japanese company in April. My Japanese friend tell me it is ok to resign a naitei two weeks before entering the company as a fresh graduate. However, since I am a foreigner they hired a immigration law professional to proceed visa.

Would I need to pay for lawyer fees if I resign ? Can I still resign the Naitei of the Japanese company in this situation?
At this stage now the lawyer still hasn’t gone to immigration to apply for my visa but has finished the paperwork ( i feel so bad)

Please help me ! thank you very much
by Annie (guest)  

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/1/31 10:44
I’ve answered a similar question before – but this was not for someone graduating fresh out of university, so the practice might be a little bit different. I have heard of cases (not particularly non-Japanese but) someone withdrawing their agreement to an offer (naitei), and the employer asked for compensation (I don’t know the exact situation though, and do not know if they had to pay).

In any case, make sure the second offer really is good, make up your mind, and act quickly so that the application process will not be started.

I know that the situation is slightly different, but my feeling about continuing on with interviewing after one offer in this answer is still the same. Since you say you feel bad, I can tell you share my feeling, and yet your heart is with the second one :). Make the best choice for yourself! Best wishes.
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+94906
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/1/31 23:24
Hiring costs.
If you applied for the company through a job agency or a job-hunting platform, the fee the company paid after receiving your agreement can be up to 30-40% of your annual salary (depending on the service they use).
And they may have to put a new ad to make up for your position again. It also costs.

You should have arranged multiple application schedules professionally. Generally, candidates tell recruiters when are the deadlines of the other companies in detail. When they couldn't wait for your second company's result, you should have decided A) You give up the first company's offer or B) You give up the second company even if they end up sending you an offer letter and they think you did B.

There seem to be cases the candidate was sued by the company.
Be prepared for it.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/2/1 00:35
If you applied for the company through a job agency or a job-hunting platform, the fee the company paid after receiving your agreement can be up to 30-40% of your annual salary (depending on the service they use).
Well these payments are normally linked to a candidate staying in employment for at least x months. Depending on the contract of the agency there might be some payment for the job offer but the biggest payment will be successful actual employment.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/2/1 11:41
Thank you very much for answering !

Since I have been living in Japan without an income after graduation I was in a rush and accepted the first offer I got before their answering deadline.

I had an interview with the foreign company before accepting the Japanese company second offer.

I realize how it is important I should have told the foreign company interviewer to answer me before the deadline of the Japanese company…( I had confirmed with them they would answer me by next week of the interview but they never did and they contacted me way later despite my reminding emails asking for the results )

I guess I have no other choice but to go to the Japanese company in this situation even though I prefer the Foreign company…
Thank you very much again for all your answers,
Annie
by Annie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/2/1 11:45
Sorry, this is Annie. I misspelled in my previous post.

“I had an interview with the foreign company before accepting the Japanese company’s offer.”

Thank you !
by Annie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/2/1 11:52
@LikeBike
It depends on the company they use, service, plan, and contract.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I resign naitei during visa application? 2022/2/1 16:31
Go with the job you prefer. A friend of mine works for one of those head hunting firms, and it happens often where a candidate will back out.
by Stokley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread