Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/18 11:12
I would like to know more about the school fees and the subject that i would be studying there.
I would like to know whether the cca of figure skating needs any requirement too.
I am currently studying more about the requirement to be able to study there.

Thank you so much !
by sandra806 (guest)  

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/18 16:32
Contact the school.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/18 16:46
but which number do i contact, i saw 3 different contact there
by sandra 806 rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/18 16:48
Can you speak along with read and write Japanese?
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/18 17:19
Don't they have a website with a contact form?
by Mabuhay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 12:05
I guess they would tell you a right office even if you called the wrong one. That is Japan, they don't hang off saying just 'we don't know'. But yes, it is better to search right one before you call. Trying to search by yourself would also help you with your Japanese.
by moshimoshi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 16:50
Everything you need to know as an applicant is written in their official website. Don't bother to make a phone call at this point. You can also talk to the school you currently belong to to see if they can provide you more details.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 17:20
Using my general knowledge on the subject - schools such as Tohoku Gakuin are generally highly competitive in admission. Many North Asian countries have a similar expectation for High School students to get good exam entrance results as what would be expected to enter university.

There are of course exceptions for people of talent when a school specializes in a particular area. However - having the ability to speak along with reading and writing Japanese is a no brainer. It might be possible to pick up the skills to speak Japanese well in 2 years - but to learn to read and write is another whole kettle of fish.

I've found in the past that Japanese schools are normally pretty good at putting all of the basic information needed to admit an application to that said particular school. If you can communicate in Japanese you may not have checked the website as well as you may have needed - so basically most of the above would become defunct.

In general - it takes a minimum of 3-5 years for a student to learn an academic language from scratch when it is a Romanized language. For languages such as Chinese and Japanese where words are based on individual characters and not letters then it takes longer. I've taught in international schools for over a decade and one of my specialties is teaching kids in a second language.

I would not be surprised if there is someone on this forum who was a student at high school in Japan/China who comes from another country who had to learn Japanese or Chinese from scratch.

To be honest - could a school exchange be a better option?
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 19:17
I think information on tuition for 2024 entrance is not released yet. Website will be updated later (if their website shows it)
by moshimoshi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 20:04
I thought the OP was talking about 東北高等学校 which is the school Yuzuru Hanyu went to.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Going to Tohoku High School in year 2024 2022/2/19 20:26
to OP
if you want to play figure skating at Tohoku high school, you may try to contact to the principal, 五十嵐征彦, and appeal yourself. if he has an interest on you, he will guide you to an appropriate section.
his facebook is :
https://ja-jp.facebook.com/yukikeikuru
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread