Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Worries about applying for a Japanese Visa 2022/2/20 22:11
I am soon going to be heading to Japan to study at a language school in Fukuoka starting in April. One thing I am worried about is related to my financial situation and applying for my Japanese VISA. My last job was in November 2020 but I was laid off and have been living off savings since that time. I have plenty of savings but am worried that the embassy is going to look at my bank statements and deny me since I have not worked for over a year. I was always optimistic about the borders opening up sooner rather than later.

Am I going to have issues because of my lack of employment or will they just look at my finances in total?
by migmi (guest)  

Re: Worries about applying for a Japanese Visa 2022/2/21 07:20
Don't think it matters. You won't have a job upon arrival. So all they really care about is your ability to provide for yourself. Savings is key in this metric.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Worries about applying for a Japanese Visa 2022/2/21 10:33
my finances in total
They will definitely look at your total balance, a recent input of cash into your account may raise some queries, so if your account balance is stable for long time then it is a good sign of finance.
I think.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread