Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about visa application 2022/3/3 05:22
Hello everyone,

since March it is possible to apply for working holiday visa again. I come from Germany and would like to travel to Japan for 1 year. On a page of the embassy it says that you need a "Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS System"uŽó•tÏØv, uketsuke zumisho and that you can not apply without it.

What is this exactly and how do I get something like that, unfortunately nothing is written exactly on the Internet. Can you please help me?

Kind regards.
by Alibert (guest)  

Re: Question about visa application 2022/3/3 16:38
This is for people already with COEs awaiting to get into the country. It is not for new applications.

I dont believe they are currently taking on any new application as of yet.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about visa application 2022/3/3 19:13
The ERFS is for after you got the COE and needs to be completed by the receiving organization in Japan.
Now HOW this works for working holiday, where you will not necessarily have a work lined up already, I donft know.

Any way, you need to apply for the COE first. Once you get it you can worry about the ERFS with probably will have changed another 10 times in the mean time.

For those already having a COE, it seems very fast to get permit through ERFS. My company today applied for it, and I got it within a few hours.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Question about visa application 2022/3/3 19:13
The ERFS is for after you got the COE and needs to be completed by the receiving organization in Japan.
Now HOW this works for working holiday, where you will not necessarily have a work lined up already, I donft know.

Any way, you need to apply for the COE first. Once you get it you can worry about the ERFS with probably will have changed another 10 times in the mean time.

For those already having a COE, it seems very fast to get permit through ERFS. My company today applied for it, and I got it within a few hours.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Question about visa application 2022/4/1 21:51
Hey, I am also from Germany and in the same situation as you, have you found a solution in the meantime?

It would be really helpful if you could share how you went about it, time is running out but I am trying to find a way to obtain the ERFS without having to resort to paid organisations like World Unite.

However it is also hard to know how to apply or ask a business or organisation in Japan to sponsor the EFS for you with no language skills and without having ever met you.

About what the others said:

As stated on the official website of the embassy, the COE is NOT necessary when applying for Working Holiday Visas, however the ERFS is.
https://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/konsular/langzeitaufenthalte.html

Hope it helps others!

Thanks and hope we all make it to Japan soon!
by nikunika rate this post as useful

Status 2022/4/1 21:57
Hello nikunika,

I haven't received the ERFS yet but I have been looking for contact with companies through workaway. Furthermore, I got an offer via Reddit, but I would have to stay for 2-3 weeks in their hotel and that would cost again 600-800 euros. I now really believe that it is easiest with World Unit, but for now I will continue to try to get an ERFS without paying anything.

Kind regards
by Alibert (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about visa application 2022/4/6 15:04
Have you all applied and received your ERFS prior to booking a plane ticket? How long did it take you to get your visa fully processed and returned after submitting your COE, ERFS, and relevant docs?
by JOHN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Question about visa application 2022/7/26 00:10
There are several companies which offer the ERFS certificate for fee. Sometimes you have to sign up for a language course, or stay at their hotel. Price varies.

You can Google gERFS Japan working holidayh for some options.
by A&K (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread