Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Stores open after security at Narita 2022/3/25 18:30
I'll be taking an international flight from Narita to the US.
AFTER going through security, are there any convenience stores selling small snacks and meals?

I ask because during winter after I went through security at Chubu Airport in Aichi, all the convenience stores were CLOSED!!! I don't know if it was due to COVID or what, but nothing was open. The only thing we could by was drinks from the vending machine. It was insane!
by help (guest)  

Re: Stores open after security at Narita 2022/3/25 18:59
Depends on time of day and terminal. Middle of the day and T1 or T2, should be an issue finding a shop open. Outside of these times, maybe not.

Food can go through security though, just not water. So you really dont have an issue anyway.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stores open after security at Narita 2022/3/25 19:03
Thank you H! I'll be going in around 3-4 PM, so glad to know things should be open.

Strange question, but can baking soda go through security? I've recently been struggling with GERD, acid reflux, and heartburn. The medicine my doctor gave me is sooo weak, so I've been mixing a cup of water with baking soda. It'll be a 13+ hour flight and if I have issues, it's going to be hell. :(((
by help (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stores open after security at Narita 2022/3/25 20:36
Dear help,

interesting question!

I have done a quick research due personel interest and found this:

https://travelinglight.com/the-tsa-powder-rule-can-you-bring-powder-on...

I hope it helps! :-)

Greetings from Germany,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Stores open after security at Narita 2022/3/26 12:34
Vio, THANK YOU!!!
by help (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread