Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to move with husband at the same time 2022/3/26 14:23
Japan is opening up but we're waiting a little bit longer. Our biggest issue, though, is arriving with my husband at the as I arrive. I will be under a working/ Humanities visa. My husband will be under a dependent. I understand I need to apply for his COE as well but that requires me to go to Japan first. It seems almost impossible and I'm at my wits end. It seems like not a single person in this world has been able to go together with these two visas. Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated and I'm exhausting options.
(For more detail, I will be working with NOVA. They do not assist with spouses or housing so we're on our own.)
by Emily (guest)  

Re: How to move with husband at the same time 2022/3/26 17:25
Not from a country included in the visa waiver program?

If yes. He turns up as a tourist for 90 days. In that time, you get a coe/cos for him.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to move with husband at the same time 2022/3/27 11:41
it is not a problem of immigration system.
there is no restriction that you can't get a dependent visa simultaneously.
for your case, the only problem is "no helping from NOVA".
find a new company, which helps you to do that.
but, generally speaking, by the consideration from posts in this forum, it seems that English conversation schools are not friendly for new coming foreigners.
another drawback is that NOVA has a history of bankruptcy.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to move with husband at the same time 2022/3/27 15:59
Regarding the tourist idea from PP, in normal times yes, but remember, the boarders are still closed for tourists.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread