Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Problems from traveling to Japan at age 19 2022/4/6 22:20
Hello,

Me and my mate plan to travel to Japan next year (2023) during the cherry blossom season. At the time we will both be aged 19. We come from Australia where we can do almost anything from the age of 18 but I know the legal age in Japan is 20 so is there any problems that we may run into e.g. when booking hotels, trains, restaurants? I know that we can't buy alcohol but will that also stop us from going to alcoholic venues such as pubs (or their equivalent) or restaurants.

Also if you have any other good advice that would be great.

Thank you
by michael (guest)  

Re: Problems from traveling to Japan at age 19 2022/4/7 05:48
Legal age on Japan , except for drinking has been recently lowered to 18 yrs

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20220401_13/amp.html

When I went to language school there was at least one guy in the group who was younger than 20 and he didnft have a problem to get into bars and Izakaya (not to get drunk). If a teacher was around she/hefd tease him a bitc but it wasnft like public school, that the teacher actually had some responsibility over him
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Problems from traveling to Japan at age 19 2022/4/7 05:49
NOR instead of gnoth.
I.e. hefd definitely get his beer /sake or whatever it was.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Problems from traveling to Japan at age 19 2022/4/7 08:04
No issues. You have been misinformed.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Problems from traveling to Japan at age 19 2022/4/7 17:56
Thank you heaps, I was worried that I would be restricted but it seems my worries were misplaced
by michael02 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread