Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dependent Visa to Work Visa 2022/4/12 13:58
Hello everyone,

My husband and I are currently in the process of being hired by a Japanese school to teach English. They are going to be applying for a work visa for my husband since he has US citizenship and a dependent Visa with a work permit for me since I do not.

My question is, would it be possible for me to be able to change to a work visa after my year contract is over and my husband and I decide to maybe get other jobs?

Thanks
by Alejandra (guest)  

Re: Dependent Visa to Work Visa 2022/4/12 17:10
You can certainly apply to change your status from dependent to one related to work. Whether or not your application is successful depends entirely on whether or not your meet the criteria for that status.

So, more information is needed to give a better answer, but even with more information nobody can say for sure because each application is handled individually. Basically all you can do is apply and hope for the best.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dependent Visa to Work Visa 2022/4/12 18:31
As PP said, you can change to a work visa from dependent at any time. No need to wait for one year. BUT you need to find a job and fulfill the criteria for the work visa.
Not sure why you are not fulfilling it now. Bring it not US citizen by itself shouldnft impact your chances of getting a work visa. So wondering, why your employer isnft applying already now for a work visa for you.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread