Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling abroad during PR procedures 2022/4/17 12:35
Hello everyone,

I would like to apply for PR next month, I was wondering if it's possible to travel abroad, during the procedure?

I would appreciate your answer in advance.

Pary.K
by Kotodamashi (guest)  

Re: Traveling abroad during PR procedures 2022/4/17 16:20
Short term holiday won't effect the process.
Leave country for 6+ months may get them asking question.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling abroad during PR procedures 2022/4/18 07:06
Another thing to consider is that you may be asked to provide additional documents at any time during the application process. And I think the request comes with a deadline. If you fail to provide the documents in time, your application will be cancelled.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling abroad during PR procedures 2022/5/28 15:23
Uji and H Thank you for your answers.

@Uji: Well, you have a point. What if I have a lawyer? Will it help if I'm not here?
by Pary.K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling abroad during PR procedures 2022/5/30 15:38
When I submitted my PR application they asked me to submit additional documents the following day, as I didn't go through a lawyer naturally I had to do everything myself. I think a lawyer should be fine too if you go through a proper registered immigration lawyer and appoint them as your 代理人, but do your homework on this as I've never done this particular bit myself.

by nose picker (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread