Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/26 19:47
If we show them the prescribed form signed and stamped do we also need to show them the certificate given by the medical center?
by DanielChris  

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/27 05:19
They are interested only in the prescribed form.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/29 03:25
Sorry to seem like I'm hi jacking this post.

If I may ask a question,

I'm heading back to Japan. I have a spouse visa and my wife and kids are out there waiting for me.

I'm flying back on the 11th of May from Heathrow UK.

1 .

I have 2 questions. I had 2 vaccinations in Japan ( I have the certificate for the Japanese jabs ) The 3rd, booster jab was done in the UK and the NHS have failed to update the app which is on my phone. I have been in touch last Saturday and they tell me it should appear in 10 days...so I hope it appears.
if its not there when I fly, will JAL stop me boarding if I cannot prove the 3rd vaccine?

2 . In regards to the certificate of testing for COVID-19 which the Japanese government require.
If I go along and get tested the company will provide me a copy of my test results. so I presume I have to print off the Japanese certificate for testing, bring it with me and have the testing people fill it in? can it be done hand written? it says it needs a stamp, but companies don't really stamp in the UK? I'm a little confused. can someone advise?

Thank you so much

by jkrobs rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/29 14:15
if its not there when I fly, will JAL stop me boarding if I cannot prove the 3rd vaccine?

Certainly not! Japan does not refuse entry based on vaccination status. However, currently only people with 3 shots can skip the quarantine if arriving from the UK. The others must self-quarantine for at least three days.

Isn't there a method to get a non-digital document that proves that you got a third shot?

2 . In regards to the certificate of testing for COVID-19 which the Japanese government require.
If I go along and get tested the company will provide me a copy of my test results. so I presume I have to print off the Japanese certificate for testing, bring it with me and have the testing people fill it in? can it be done hand written? it says it needs a stamp, but companies don't really stamp in the UK? I'm a little confused. can someone advise?

To avoid problems, I recommend you get your test done at a company or institute that provides Japan-specific documentation. A digital copy is sufficient. This page lists some of them:
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/gb/plan-book/promotions/covid19-inspection/

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/29 17:13
Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Hopefully my covid 19 3rd vaccination should show up on my app soon. ( Fingers crossed)

So in regards to the form, sorry but do you know if it can be hand written ? I guess it needs to be as the document needs to be printed off.

I really don't want to mess this up as my wife will kill me haha.

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/29 17:17
The following form should be used:
https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/100177968.pdf

It should be filled out by the company or institute that makes the test. It can be hand written.

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/29 17:53
Thank you,

Yes I have this form, the only thing is some medical institutes don't have a stamp, only signature.

so I was worried about that.

I know Japanese preferers a stamp..so I was concerned about that

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/30 00:47
Sorry to ask again.

I have booked my RT-PCR test at the airport, It's a fast test, takes 4 hours.

I contacted the company to check about the Japanese form, they are aware as other people had similar requests. but they did they say, they do not sign or stamp the form as the doctors signature and stamp will be on their certificate.

They do complete the rest of the form, for example, what kind of specimen they took and time took, date ect.

On JAL and ANA website, it does state on the example form that the Japanese form must have the stamp and signature..so I'm a little bit worried.

it then says on the FAQ page that if you cannot get the doctors signature or stamp, it can still be valid.

So I'm a little bit confused and worried.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/files/100206521.pdf this is the FAQ

https://www.ana.co.jp/www2/pdf/offers-and-announcements/jpn-immigratio... part 8, says it must be completed?

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/30 01:48
In the Netherlands the embassy gave me a list of labs where to get the test. I havenft done the test yet, but the lab where I have an appointment specifically does it for Japan. So I assume they know what to do.

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Regarding the covid test certificate 2022/4/30 03:00
I'm flying with JAL and they have suggested on their site a company called EXPRESSTEST, which are in Heathrow terminal 3.

I have booked it with them, the guy I spoke to has told me and assured me that they cannot sign or stamp the Japanese Government form, but that many people have flown to Japan without any problems.

I have noticed, it does say that the Japanese government will accept a certificate which is no theirs, as long as it contains all the information which they require.

so Should be ok.

Be interesting if anyone can reply from the UK, who has had the test done at expressTest

thank you

reply to this thread