Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Current tourist ban for Japan 2022/4/28 08:53
I bought air tickets to Japan as a tourist for July 1st, 2022. Any chance the ban might be lifted by then?
by rafamezcu  

Re: Current tourist ban for Japan 2022/4/28 10:44
Nothing has been decided yet.

There is a chance that the borders will reopen, but I think it is small considering that even the domestic "Go To Travel" campaign has yet to be restarted and that debate on the issue in the Japanese media is virtually non-existent. I have a strong suspicion that the reopening process will start after the elections that will be held in late July.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Current tourist ban for Japan 2022/4/29 07:24
Almost zero chance, but slightly above zero. Might still involve quarantine depending on vaccine status and where you are coming from. Don't expect any announcements until after the July elections.
As for the domestic "Go To Travel" campaign as an indicator, an acquaintance that is a member of that program tells me there is no indication that it is about to be restarted and might not be restarted at all.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread