Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/28 14:04
I want to ship things to my daughter in Canada. I have both small parcels (gifts) and larger, heavier boxes (used books) to send. Since last year the post office has said their services to Canada are suspended. Does anyone know of a relatively inexpensive shipping service?
by Boris (guest)  

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/28 17:05
Small gifts, you could try Fedex or DHL. For heavier items youfd have to wait until the postal service resumes accepting parcels to Canada.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/28 17:22
Fedex or DHL. But they ain't cheap.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/30 07:53
https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/overview_en.html
The service status is updated from time to time, but certainly there is no parcel service to Canada by JapanPost currently. You would also want surface parcels to return if you are sending something heavy like books. The postage might be more then the books are worth.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/30 17:23
Thanks.
I was hoping there was a reasonably-priced option. It doesn't look like it ...
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/30 17:34
I suggest trying DHL, at least for the small parcel, if you find their office/counter near you. A friend of mine who needed to send something over to Canada tried it (for a small parcel), and the shipping charge was still within the greasonable,h though she needed to show the item in the package, fill out the customs form (handwriting), etc., that it was more cumbersome than post office, she told me.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/4/30 19:19
Any reason you dont anna go with Japan post for sea/surface shipping? Yes it is super slow, but at least is it 3x cheaper than dhl/fedex.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping Things to Canada 2022/5/1 05:46
Never mind. Just check the JP website. No surface to Canada also. Weird since they have both surface and air to USA.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread