Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Studying masters of fine arts in japan 2022/5/9 15:44
Hey guys.
Ifm thinking of applying for a scholarship to study masters of fine arts in japan, but ifm a bit hesitant.
I want to know what kind of studying environment is it going to be at a japanese university, and how hard is the pressure on the studentsc I mean i know that japan is very strict when it comes to studying, and most university websites are in japanese so itfs hard to research the universities.
Has anyone attended a masters degree in japan?
Does anyone know if the thesis or graduation project of the masters of finearts degree a written thesis or a series of art works?
If anyone can help me with any of my questions i will be thankful.
by Ranach  

Re: Studying masters of fine arts in japan 2022/5/10 07:26
Probably the biggest question to ask is if there is there a masters degree for Fine Arts in Japan that is taught in English only - that's if you don't read and write Japanese to an academic level.

I'd try and find a course before considering if it's a possibility.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Studying masters of fine arts in japan 2022/5/10 08:45
My japanese level is good and my husband is japanese. I canft read kanji very well but the scholarship will also offer japanese language courses before the masters degree.
So i donft mind studying in japanese but ifm a bit intimidated.
So if i do apply and get accepted at least i want to be well prepared and kind of have an idea of how the college life will be.
by Ranach rate this post as useful

Re: Studying masters of fine arts in japan 2022/5/10 09:26
I just wanted to confirm that day-to-day Japanese is very different than academic Japanese. I'm an international school teacher so know the difference - but to be honest this topic is a bit too specialized for me to give you accurate answers.

Have you thought about asking about this in a Japanese Art School forum or discussion group?
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Studying masters of fine arts in japan 2022/5/10 10:26
Thatfs a good idea, i will search for some japanese forums and see if i can find some.
Do you know a popular japanese forum where i can ask?
by Ranach rate this post as useful

reply to this thread