Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Being sued in Japan for telling someone off 2022/5/25 00:57
Hello,
I have a question about legal actions when telling someone off in Japan.
So I was waiting for a cab at a cab stop with a couple of other people.
The cab stop was not far from a hotel, where an employee was diverting all the cab inside the hotel before reaching the cab stop.
I was in pain and needed to get home, so i walked passed the hotel bell guy who was standing by the police, and told him that ethe line at the cab stop was getting too long because taxis donft get theref .
I did not stop nor did I not faced him while talking. Just said this sentence while passing by and looking at him.
I am even not sure he heard me as it was noisy.
I then went towards the side where cars come from and waited there to catch a cab before it gets to reach the hotel then headed my way.
My question is, can this person for any reason file a complain against me?
If so, what would be the charges?
Thank you for replying if you have any information as I am not very familiar with the law here, and a bit worried.
by YK (guest)  

Re: Being sued in Japan for telling someone off 2022/5/25 07:33
No one in any nation could be used for that.

Even lawyer crazed USA couldn't get that into a courtroom.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being sued in Japan for telling someone off 2022/5/25 10:19
Thank you for your reply.
I am just a bit worried due to what I have been hearing recently about these types of incidents, and did not know where to turn to for reassurance.
by YK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being sued in Japan for telling someone off 2022/5/26 10:37
Why would you think that you telling someone with a difference of opinion that would somehow get you in trouble? It's called having an opinion lol. They can't give you a ticket for that and if they did, I'd definitely fight that ticket for it being unjust. I'd honestly stop worrying about it. I've seen many Japanese people yell at each other in the streets and nothing comes of it.

It's one thing to be disorderly and causing a disturbance, but to simply tell someone that the line of a cab is somewhere else would somehow get you in trouble is pretty silly. Just live your life my dude.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Being sued in Japan for telling someone off 2022/5/27 09:33
Thank you Sam for you reply. It is reassuring to hear.
I guess i am just overthinking it.
by YK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread