Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/7 11:28
Student visa to work visa with low school attendance?

Hi, if anyone in Japan has any experience changing student visa to work visa but with low school attendance rate ( around 78%)??
I came here in March 2022 as an international student studying Japanese in a Japanese language school and fortunately I got a job offer last month. Now Ifm trying to get documents so that I can submit them to the immigration. I graduated from university ( computer science)long time ago and I have experience in It field for 8 years. I am sure that Ifm eligible for the work visa but the problem is my current language school attendance rate. My current attendance rate is only 78% and my teachers say I canft get work visa with this low rate. I was sick in April and had to take time off from school. Do you think there is a possibility that I will be able to get work visa?? Do I need school attendance sheet to the immigration?
Thank you for reading!
by JP (guest)  

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/7 16:02
Well, no one can tell whether you cna obtain your work visa or not. It really depends also on your grades that you got during the study period. In the case if your attendance is not good enough, then They will look on your grades. Its really difficult to say that whether you will obtain or not, every case is considered differently. Every case is judged differently. If you apply for the IT industry here in Japan, then the possibilities of obtaining a work visa is higher. Just try to apply for and you will see. I really wish you to get your visa.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/7 16:37
John san , thanks for your kind message.
Yeah I really hope I can get it.
My grades are perfect ( my teachers always say my score is highest in school ) but my attendance rate is not well .
Yeah I got a job as a software developer and I really want to get a visa soon .
Arigatou for your answer!
by JP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/7 17:32
And also if anybody knows how long changing your visa status takes in Japan ?i guess depending on the person so please let me know your experience
I applied for it last week at Osaka immigration and I am supposed to start my work on 1st July . I hope I can get work visa by the end of this month.
Thank you !

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/9 10:56
Concerning your visa extension, well as I know it takes about 2-4 weeks and it is rare if it will take longer than this period mentioned above.

If you have good grades, I mean A or Bfs, then there should be no problems, but still we cannot predict it. They will take into consideration many things too. In any case, congratulations that you got a job! Wish you to extend your visa and work on your dream job! Good luck
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/6/9 16:39
Hi, John san. Thank for your reply again!
I see. This is the first time to change the visa status and i am relieved to hear that it doesn't take too much time. i am just hoping to get my visa soon!
Thanks for your warm message!

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2022/9/21 18:11
Hello, there,
I am just wondering how was your case, since I have the same case with you. I came to Tokyo under japanese language school student visa. Now I got a job at Amazon as an engineer.

I am really worried about how ISA would handle my case, since I have low attendace record about (80 percent). My grades are not so good either. It is just average. Appreciate it if u could tell me how was your result?
by HKA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student to work visa with low attendance 2023/1/18 14:44
I worked for a Japanese language school from 2019 - 2022.
I saw a lot of students quit school to get a job and generally those with 85% or less did not get their visa approved.

Our manager was an official immigration liaison and former Immigration consultant. He said at the time that generally 80% or less and immigration won't process the application unless the grades are exceptional and the visa is for something highly valued like in IT.

Personally, I saw about 50 students over 3 years with bad attendance and below average grades quit, to get jobs as teachers or in hotels and only about 15 of them got their visa, the rest were told to finish school or return to their country.
by Theo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread