Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyway to change Euro bills to bigger bills 2022/6/26 19:20
Helllo,

This might be a strange question, but I have a lot of Euro here (around 5000 Europa), but the are mostly 50 Euro bills. As my wife needs to travel and bring the money in cash, is there any good way in Japan to change the money against 100, 200 or even 500 Euro bills???
by CityHunter1981  

Re: Anyway to change Euro bills to bigger bills 2022/6/28 22:30
Japanese banks only stock limited quantities of limited kinds of bills at their foreign exchange counters - so the only place I could think of is asking at a branch of European banks located in Japan, and see what they have at the teller counter. But then the only names that come to mind are places like Deutsch Bank, Societe General…
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Anyway to change Euro bills to bigger bills 2022/6/28 23:25
If your wife is going to spend the money in Europe 50 Euro bills are way more accepted than 100,200 or 500 bills.
500 bills only exist because there was a 1000 DM bill in Germany, but they are rarely used. Except for paying something in black money.

100 Euro bills are more common in some countries , 200 bills I have rarely seen in real life. 50 Euro bills are really the most common big bill. Which I would agree is rather small.

So from a usability perspective if anything I would change them into 100 Euro bills. Which however wouldn’t change the amount of paper she needs to bring drastically.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Anyway to change Euro bills to bigger bills 2022/6/29 10:55
I agree with LikeBike about the ease of use - 50 and 20 euro bills are the most common. I once presented a 100 bill at a store (in a small town) and they refused it lol.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread