Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Check Proof of Vaccination? Board or Arrive? 2022/6/28 06:10
Hi there! I may be in a potentially sticky bind. The order of my name on my proof of vaccination is different from the name order on my passport (i.e. Given Middle Last vs. Middle Given Last). The Passport office allows you to rearrange your name (i.e. Middle Given Last) as I go by my Middle name. Officially, my citizenship certificate shows Given Middle Last.

My question is that if you have visited Japan during covid, did they check the proof of vaccination only at boarding (i.e. your home country) or also when you arrived in Japan?

I think if they only check on departure, I may have a chance as I can bring my certificate of citizenship to prove I am the same person. Plus they may understand that passport name can be rearranged. If they check after landing in Japan... there is a chance they may reject? The name spelling is exactly the same just the positions of the Given and Middle names are switched.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences? Thanks!

by bubbagump  

Re: Check Proof of Vaccination? Board or Arrive? 2022/6/28 08:13
They check both at check-in and (multiple times) at the airport in Japan. As you probably know, if you arrive from a country on the blue list, your status of vaccination does not make a difference anymore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Check Proof of Vaccination? Board or Arrive? 2022/6/28 11:07
When I arrived in early May they definitely checked on departure and arrival. However you actually upload all your certificates to My SOS app before departure and the docs get evaluated. If you get a green in the app you are good to go (this doesnft mean that other colours you canft go, but it means your docs got accepted. )

As PP said vaccination to enter Japan isnft actually mandatory. Back in May it gsimplyh reduced the need for quarantine. This May have changed now again.

So your name on the vaccination certificate should not stop you from entering Japan, even if they donft accept the explanation of your names.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Check Proof of Vaccination? Board or Arrive? 2022/7/2 15:39
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'll be flying from Canada, which is on the blue list. So if blue country, they don't even check now? Thanks!
by bubbagump rate this post as useful

Re: Check Proof of Vaccination? Board or Arrive? 2022/7/3 06:20
They didn't ask for proof of my vacc when I left Japan in November last year and came back in January, both Haneda. But they did require PCR tests on both occasions. Just my anecdotal experience though. It could vary depending on the airport and a person's status and citizenship.
by Christian Hirose Romeo Graham rate this post as useful

reply to this thread