Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fishing rules 2022/7/16 11:03
Hello all..

My apologies to disturb you all, but need some clear guidance.
There seems to be some conflicting information in regards to fishing rules.

Ifve read in places that I can fish rivers/streams that are accessible via public land and that I should only not do so if there is a visible sign saying itfs prohibited (and also if itfs in the vicinity of a shrine, not for any law but out of just general respect).

Others say that river fishing has to be paid for and that I have to acquire a day license to do so (if so please link to said information and where would I pay this, local fish shop, city hall etc ???).

I know I can fish off the port wall into eopen waterf but I want to be able to river fish as well but certainly donft want to encounter any problems in doing so or face any fines.

Please, anyone with any solid information or experience please let me know below.
If youfre just guessing at what emightf be okay, please refrain from replying so I can ensure to get the best possible information.

Thank you in advance for any information you can offer.

Kind regards.
by Rigidlines  

Re: Fishing rules 2022/7/17 08:00
I ended up looking into this a few months back and ended up on the following information site:
https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/japan/tokyo/lifestyle/sports-leisure/...
Go talk to a tackle shop - they would be able to help.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread