Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

customs procedure when bringing medication 2022/8/23 19:07
Hello everyone!

ILll visit Japan in about one month as a student and I have to bring some medication for a longer period of time with me. Therefore I applied for the Yunyu Kakunin-sho and already received the confirmation from the inspector. When I applied for the Yunyu Kakunin-sho, I also stated some questions regarding the customs process when arriving but I guess due to a lack of understanding english they havenLt answered any of those. Maybe some of you might be able to help me?

First of all, I heard that when bringing an item with a value above 200.000 Yen, you have to pay customs fee on that full price. Does that also apply to an expensive medicine with a value of more than 200.000 Yen or are medical artilces excluded from that rule, since I have a Yunyu Kakunin-sho anyway? I am really troubled with that question since there seems to be no information about that in the internet.

And assuming that I donLt have to pay customs fee for that, if medical items are excluded from that rule and I would have no other overly expensive items to declare, do I still have to walk through the customs declaration line because of the Yunyu Kakunin-sho, or can I take the normal line?

Your help is highly appreciated! :)

by JR7  

Re: customs procedure when bringing medication 2022/8/28 11:16
Just adding to your question. This is weird thing to pay for customs. I have a macbook pro which is easily above that amount you mentioned and I have owned it for 3 years. Do I still have to pay for it at the customs?
by CasualLurker rate this post as useful

reply to this thread