Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Associate Degree for a working visa in Japan 2022/8/27 10:59
I know this has already been asked but would an Associate Degree be enough for a working visa in Japan? I know this is very unspecific, because there are many jobs & fields with different requirements, but i'm aiming more towards what the Immigration Services would think?

For info, an associate degree in my country (The Netherlands) takes 2 years to obtain, and a bachelor degree 3/4 years like in all countries. I've read that a degree that takes less than 3 years is likely to get rejected, too. My plan is to arrive on a working holiday visa first, and then transition that into a working visa with the associate. I've read of some people who did and did not get it, and would like to know some more experiences/opinions.
by Troyvd  

Re: Associate Degree for a working visa in Japan 2022/9/12 13:24
It really depends on a type of visa you are going to apply for. If you apply for the skilled worker visa, then I believe they will require at least bachelors degree. In Japan, it is kind of required to obtain bachelors degree in order to get a work visa. Moreover, you should always be in somewhat better than Japanese. For example, language skills, or additional skills that is difficult to find within their nationality.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread