Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jobs with a bachelor in Security Management? 2022/9/3 11:18
I'm planning on following a 3 year bachelor degree in Security Management. (There's also a 2 year Associate Degree A.A, but i've seen that these don't get accepted by immigration services). This is something that interets me, and i could also use to get a job in Japan after or for jobs in my own country, so i've been curious what kind of jobs a foreigner could do with this bachelor in Japan, and if there are any companies that would sponsor you for this.

by Troyvd  

Re: Jobs with a bachelor in Security Management? 2022/9/5 14:57
No one here really knows about the job industry in Japan for your particular field, so if you're honestly interested, I'd look online for companies that are hiring since that field is rather specific. You could see what they require and I'd imagine it would also include at least conversation level speaking Japanese.

Just keep this in mind if you plan to work overseas, as most companies do require a decent level of Japanese to be hired.
by Ryan Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs with a bachelor in Security Management? 2022/9/5 17:08
Well my guy, Let me share my experience so far.
Ive been living here for 10 years now, I graduated here as a security engineer.

Alot of companies do visa sponsorships so thats not an in issue. Getting hired from overseas can be quite a bit of a challenge especially without solid experience, not to mention you will have to be pretty much fluent in the language in any case.
You can still try applying via mynavi or rikunavi. One thing to add is if you get hired after graduation with no experience your salary is going to be abysmall, expect somewhere between 200,000 and 210,000 yen for newly hired, after tax around 160,000 . From there you can expect base salary rise from 2000 to 10,000 per year(Here no one really cares about how good or skilled you are at your job the only thing that matters is how long have you been working for)

Your other option is to try daijobs, there are few recruiting agents that can assist you, but be very very very cerful, ofthen they will offer you binding contracts with anything from fixed salary for X ammount of time to % of your total income, just do your reaserch before you sign anything.

One other thing to add is that whichever route you take, there will be a very high chance of you getting hired by a contracting company(hakkengaisha/”­Œ©‰οŽΠ) and you will be forced to work outside of your field of expertise.

If the prospect of working for less money than a mcdonald's burger flipper in germany, buying a modest home in yokohama and paying mortgage till you are 80, getting divorced and never seeing your child again because the glaw g says so be my guest and step right up.

If some one have told me how things are here before graduation id just take my stuff and leave back to my home country, unfortunately mistakes were made.
by Red (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs with a bachelor in Security Management? 2022/9/6 17:54
@Ryan Ken Thank you :) I honestly didn't expect anyone to know, but i was hoping someone would. I've been seeing a lot of mixed stories on whether associate degree's get accepted too, but i can understand if people wouldn't know here either lol. It was just a wild attempt hoping people would know something
by Troyvd rate this post as useful

reply to this thread