Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting COE from another company 2022/9/12 15:28
Hello everyone,

I have question regarding COE from second company.
My story is that I've got a job offer from A company .
While they already sent the my COE by post I declined the offer but eventually I received it in my home country.
They accepted that i declined the offer.
I sent the email regarding canceling the COE or declaring that I've canceled the offer thus COE should be cancelled.
They won't answer my emails.

I found better opportunity with B company that I've accepted their offer and they will start processing my COE sometimes in November 2022.
Working at B company starts from April 2022.

In this situation what should i do with the COE that i got now that has been issued July 2022 and valid fot 6 months.

by Ahmed94  

Re: Getting COE from another company 2022/9/12 18:54
Your situation seems to be similar to this one:
https://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+173800

As far as I know, if you have 2 "CoE applications" being made at the same time, both will be rejected, as you cannot fulfill both at the same time. Neither can yo have two CoEs for the same timeframe.

So far you seem to have informed Company A that you decline the offer, which they accepted - now it would have been up to them to inform the immigration authorities to say that you are no longer eligible for CoE under their sponsorship (they should have).

But since you have the CoE with you, you might want to either call up the issuing immigration bureau in Japan to ask if it has been cancelled with them, or talk to the personnel/human resources department of Company B (if they are very familiar with immigration procedures) to explain what has happened and ask for their view. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread