Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotel check-in time 2022/9/12 19:19
Hi,

We arrive to Tokyo at 7am on 14/11/2022. I am looking at booking hotels, and see that most start check-in at 3pm. We will have arrived on a 13 hour flight, and I think we will probably want to sleep for a few hours when we arrive.

Do people think it would be an issue to book our hotel from 13/11/2022, even though we won't check-in until the 14th? I honestly would happily pay for the extra night for the luxury of being able to have a little sleep when we arrive.
by chrissimmons21  

Re: Hotel check-in time 2022/9/13 09:37
Your asking in the wrong place, contact the hotel you want to book and ask them directly, I have always found Japanese hotels to be quite helpful.
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hotel check-in time 2022/9/13 10:07
I have often booked hotels for the full previous day for people. Some of the flights that arrived from Australia at 5 a.m. (or earlier with tail-wind from Europe) means people would be in the city before 7.a.m. and almost nothing open/nothing to do.
Make sure to tell the hotel you will be checking in early in the morning, rather than the night before. Some places have policies that if you don't show by midnight they cancel the room, plus, it is polite to let them know.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread