Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/12 22:15
Fantasizing about a holiday in Japan next Autumn.

I've never been in Autumn before. Previous trips I have stayed in Ikebukero, Kichijoji and Nerima.

Loved Kichijoji in particular but would be good to be on the jr line for the pass!

Anyone got any recommendations?
by Rachel (guest)  

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/13 12:36
Price range?
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/14 08:15
Akihabara/Kanda isn't a bad area to stay and has been my preferred place to stay when in Tokyo.

Hotels are cheaper than Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc. But you are still in central Tokyo and within short distance of Akihabara Station and the Yamanote and Chuo-Sobu JR lines (which makes getting to Shinjuku, Tokyo station, Ueno, etc quick and easy) and also the Keihin-Tohoku JR line and the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line.

On top of the transportation options at your disposal. There are also a number of cheap/moderate priced restaurants in the local vicinity.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/14 20:54
In addition to locales as suggested, go to YouTube and watch some of these...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEJBbuC-Av2_gTOQeEG3LdQ/videos

This guy searches out and reviews inexpensive domestic hotels in Tokyo and elsewhere that range from $15/person per night to maybe around $50/person per night. Japanese domestic hotel chains are a much better value than even pensions, minshuku and so on if you find the right one as you get your own room, clean, private and other amenities at basically the same prices.

The gem I am considering for a long term stay in the future is the Koko Tsukiji hotel which he reviewed a couple of months ago...about $30/person per night includes breakfast if you want and is across the street from Tsukiji market, the subway, etc. The hotel is brand new opening in 2021.

Just a suggestion

Stan
by October-Bound (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/15 02:17
Why did you like Kichijoji?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/17 05:00
A lot can depend on where in Tokyo you want to go, not to mention, outside of Tokyo. A ways back I was staying near Ueno, but on a number of side trips I was leaving the city to go westwards - Hakone, Kamakura, etc. It is a bit of a pain going from one side of the city to the other (all the more if you are leaving during the morning rush hour), so if I had to do that part all over again, I might have stayed near Shinjuku. But it is up to you.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Your favourite place to stay in Tokyo? 2022/9/17 15:31
by jpkelly rate this post as useful

reply to this thread