Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

explaining the reason for cancellation COE? 2022/9/16 13:17
Hello everyone,

I'm about to return my COE by post to japan because I've declined a job offer with A company.
The immigration office asked me the following things :
1. A copy of your Personal Identification (ID)
2. The application number when the COE was applied for.
3. The document explaining the reason for cancellation.
4. The issued Certificate of Eligibility (if possible).

regarding the reason of cancellation is because i found better job opportunity with B company and I no longer want to be sponsored by A company.
is that acceptable reason or is it bad reason that might effect my future COE application.
I just want to be honest about it please give me advise regarding this.

Thank you
by Ahmed94  

Re: explaining the reason for cancellation COE? 2022/9/19 12:54
Well, first of all congratulations on getting two job offers, thats great! But, when they offer two job offers, they will give you time for the consideration. Sometimes it is 2 weeks or 1 months (depends on a company and their rules). Thereafter, when you have already decided in which company you are willing to work, you make a contact and they will submit all the papers to Immigration to issue CoE. I am not sure, what was in your case, but I believe you had a plenty of time to say that to your company “A” that you do not want to work for them. I believe that it is not best choice to cancel CoE once it is issued. Both your company and Immigration spend time to issue CoE for you. Maybe it can affect your future CoE once you cancel which you got now. In addition, your another company as you called it “B” can wonder and can have millions of questions like, “Why this guy accepted and thereafter canceled his CoE? Maybe he will do same with our company? Should we really sponsor him? Is he reliable person? …”. You have to decide what to do, but it is better to think a lot before making any decision.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: explaining the reason for cancellation COE? 2022/9/21 03:09
Thanks for the answer.

I have issue with A company that they no longer answer my emails regarding canceling my COE.
Thus i decided to do it myself after contacting the immigration by email.
They guide me to return it by post mail so i did.

The B company don't know anything about this and they didn't ask me anything about if i got job offer from another company.
I think it should be no issue for my future COE application because my first COE wouldn be already issued and cancelled before B company even start my application.
by Ahmed94 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread