Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent Residency Application - Points 2022/9/22 09:17
Hello everybody,

Quick question about Japan Permanent Residency application.

One of the criterias that would determine how many points you get is "annual salary"
and my current compensation package is composed of (1)fixed annual salary and (2)variable bonus, and the max I can get in bonus is 20% of my annual base salary.

Would your "variable bonus" be counted towards your annual salary?
This would change how many points we get from the "annual salary" portion.

Thank you in advance
Jey
by Jey (guest)  

Re: Permanent Residency Application - Points 2022/10/17 21:00
No, variable bonuses like you mentioned are not counted. This is different if you are C-level and bonusses make up the largest portion of your compensation though

I recently found a website that seems to do a pretty thorough/proper check regarding the point system, so you might want to check that out: www.visakami.com
by Onsensensei (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent Residency Application - Points 2022/10/18 15:31
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they judged your salary by your annual salary for the past three years, and I am guessing that if you paid tax on your bonus that it would be in cluded.. .could be wrong thoug h.
by Dunit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent Residency Application - Points 2022/10/20 14:14
No, you actually might be right. I went to the FAQ and now it says:

gRemunerationh is gpayment in return for the value of certain work performedh. So-
called bonuses are included in gremunerationh

I think this was changed, but to me it definitely sounds as if they are always counted in now.
by Onsensensei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread