Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Aobadai: Housing (Rental) 2022/9/23 00:33
We are looking to relocate to Aobadai over the coming months, but we are really struggling to find an apartment. Any good suggestions as to where (websites etc.) we could look?
Thanks in advance!
by PerUB  

Re: Aobadai: Housing (Rental) 2022/9/23 12:06
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Aobadai: Housing (Rental) 2022/9/24 07:30
Sorry it seems my reply from yesterday didnft get published.

An other popular page l is https://www.homes.co.jp/smp/re/

You might also try UR housing.

And your best choice is to go to a local real estate agent and ask her/him to show you apartments. She/he will have more than what you can find on the internet plus crucially they will check with the landlord if they accept foreigners as tenants. She/he then can drive you around and show you all the apartments.

In my experience finding an apartment in Japan is an efficient process, once you know where you want to live and what kind of apartment you are looking for. These two points actually might be the most difficult to find out, but once you are clear on that the agent will show you apartments within that specification.

Please also be prepared that (except for UR Housing) you need to pay about 5 months worth of rent before even setting a foot into your apartment. Generally there is 1 month of deposit, thank you money, agent fee, 2 months of rent, and some more money for a guarantee insurance. All this approximately comes up to 5 months. With UR housing itfs a bit cheaper. Maybe 3 months or so.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Aobadai: Housing (Rental) 2022/9/24 10:56
I'm Japanese, but I've lived in a UR property before.
The best thing about UR properties is that you don't need a guarantor.
If there is space, UR may also be good.
https://www.ur-net.go.jp/chintai/kanto/kanagawa/40_1130.html

As LikeBike commented, it's best to go directly to a realtor in Aobadai for the latest information.
Information on the Internet may not be the latest data.
Especially from January to March (especially in March), there are many people who move, so there are many cases where the property is rented immediately.
I didn't do it at the UR property (I don't know if it's possible), but if possible, it's better to visit the room once. It may be different from the room you imagined, and you can also check the atmosphere around the room.
By the way, I thought it was Aobadai in Yokohama City, but if it's Aobadai in Tokyo, I'll check it again, so please write a comment.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread