Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/23 17:07
With the resumption of independent travel without visa, group tours, or going through travel agency, one requirement is having 3 vaccinations.

Where or who do I provide that? Before the trip starts? Or at customs?
by Rinshin (guest)  

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/23 18:37
No, you can enter Japan regardless of your vaccination status. However, if you are vaccinated three times or more, you won't need to do a pre-arrival PCR test.

If you arrive from a country on the blue list, there will be no test at the airport and no quarantine regardless of your vaccination status. If you arrive from a country on the yellow list and are not vaccinated at least three times, you need airport testing and quarantine. Otherwise, no test and no quarantine.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/23 18:39
You should use the 'my sos' app to read in your vaccination certificate.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/24 02:35
Thank you Uji. We have photo copies of our certificates showing 5 vaccinations as well as ur code in our iPhones. Will this suffice?

This is shown when we arrive at Haneda or Narita upon landing?
by rinshin rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/24 07:09
I think what @Uji meant is that you upload your vaccination records into MySOS app. At least thatfs how it worked until now. They then get verified in the app
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/27 13:58
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has entered recently and knows the procedure. My question is, if you do not have 3 vaccines do they track you where you are to quarantine? Can you quarantine at your own hotel or Airbnb? Can you go out to buy groceries and food?
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/27 17:18
You only need to quarantine if you're shown to be positive for Covid. So if you've had 3 doses and present with symptoms, officials can test you and you can be quarantined if the result is positive; or if you haven't had 3 doses and need a PCR test 72 hours before arrival and that's positive, you'll be quarantined as well.

The current quarantine period is 7 days. I'm unsure of the quarantine procedures and whether you can choose your own hotel, are monitored or can get your groceries etc. I know for quite a while throughout the pandemic, the government provided those who were quarantined with a grocery pack for the duration, but I don't know if they still do it.
by Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/27 20:59
Hijacking this thread,

Will children below 12 years old need 3 doses too to enter without undergoing PCR test?
by Egg (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/9/28 01:07
@Egg, I believe that children under 18 as long as they are will a parent or guardian who is triple dosed do not need to be triple dosed.

https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

If the adult they are traveling with is not triple dosed, I believe they along with the parent need to get PCR tested before entry.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Covid 3 vaccination certificate 10/22 2022/10/1 00:47
https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/03112200QA_EN.pdf

Hi! I am looking for the link or page that points to this pdf file. Do you guys have an idea?
by Egg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread