Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Linemo with unlisted device 2022/9/27 23:47
Hey everyone,

I'm staying in Japan long term and need to get a Japanese sim for my phone. I wanna go with Linemo since it seems to be the best value but I can't see my phone on the list of compatible devices for unlocked phones. It's an older phone (Galaxy S8) but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work. Does anyoen know why it might not be listed in compatible device? Have they just not tested it?

Thanks in advance.

-J
by JGaku (guest)  

Re: Using Linemo with unlisted device 2022/10/17 11:43
They don't test and list up every single phone that exists in the world because it takes up their resources. Galaxy is not as popular in Japan as in other countries and the majority use iPhones here.
Or there may be specific reasons that specific phone doesn't work with their SIM. They won't tell you why it's not on their list even if you ask them.

You can cancel the contract if you find that it doesn't work but they will charge you according to the contract and terms of use.

One more thing, LINEMO and other MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) are not for those who can't understand Japanese. They are cheap because they cut off polite, in-detail, and consistent customer service. They are for people who can solve problems by themselves.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread