Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does the 7-day JR Pass make sense for me? 2022/9/28 10:29
Hello,

I was wondering if the 7-day JR pass makes sense for me or if there are other options I should be considering such as some sort of regional pass. The pass won't really be of use on day 2 and 3 and maybe it would make more sense to eat the cost of the Narita to Tokyo Express on day 1 (not sure).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 (Wed., Nov. 23, 2022) - Land at Narita 3pm
Day 2 - Tokyo
Day 3 - Tokyo
Day 4 - Tokyo to Nikko (RT day trip)
Day 5 - Tokyo to Osaka
Day 6 - Osaka to Himeji Castle, Himeji to Kobe, Kobe to Kinosaki Onsen
Day 7 - Osaka to Kinosaki Onsen
Day 8 - Osaka to Kyoto (RT day trip)
Day 9 - Depart Osaka
by ichyichybbard  

Re: Does the 7-day JR Pass make sense for me? 2022/9/28 13:25
You can use Japan Guide articles to calculate the train fare for the journey and see if JR Pass worth it.

At a glance I would say it is not much difference in total fare. I'd probably go with non JR Pass for more flexibility and faster options as opposed to JR trains on some route, especially with tight schedule:

- Take faster Keisei Skyliner from Narita (2570 yen)
- Getting around Tokyo, I'll use Suica for better flexibility using other subway option closer to my destination
- Use Nikko Pass which covers sightseeing bus (2120-4780 yen)
- Tokyo to Osaka, use one way shinkansen (the fastest Nozomi is 14520 yen)
- Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto, Kinosaki Onsen, Himeji, Kansai Airport), use Kansai Wide Area Pass valid for 5 days (10000 yen)

by Moccy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread