Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/6 03:05
Hey, I have a question that may seem silly to some people. I am from a country (Poland) that is one with visa exempt status for tourist travel. I was on a trip to japan in 2017 and I stayed for 24 days. I want to go for another trip next month, after travel ban is lifted. My question is: is the exempt single use or is it cumulative for 90 days total or does it "reset" after certain period of time? In short, can I go to japan without getting visa?
by Lukpag (guest)  

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/6 15:18
Dear Lukpag,

the 90 Day Visa are meant to be for the lenght of one single stay as a tourist.
Let's say, you go to Japan next month, so you could stay for 90 days on a Tourist Visa, if you meet the current confitions.

Than, if you travel home and come back in a while to Japan, your next 90 days of a permitted Tourist Visa could begin.

You can't stay in Japan without a Visa.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Greetings from Germany,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/6 21:01
In case you found the above answer confusing or misleading, the answer is yes.

There is no limit to how many 90 day visa waivers you can get in your lifetime. You use one for 24 days, go home, you can have another 90 days next time you come back.

A visa waiver is not a visa. It waives the requirement for a visa. You do not need a visa to enter Japan if you are eligible for a visa waiver.
by M (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/7 00:01
Oh Yes!

ItLs like "M" said!
Sorry, this was technically what I meant!
You donLt need the "complicate Way" to get a Visa (fill out lot of Forms, find a sponsor, go to the Embassy, yadda, yadda...).

As a Visa Waiver you get your "Tourist-Visa Stamp" for your 90 days of travel at the arriving on the Airport, if you are "allowed" trough the current conditions (triple Vaccinated or PCR tested, written pledge, and so on...)
I had not find the correct name for this "Stamp" in my previous post. Sorry for confusing a little bit!

Greetings,
Vio

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/7 00:13
Found it! :-)

It simply calls: "Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay)" which you get granted at the time of your landing in Japan for 90 days as visa waiver.

Sorry again for confusing!

Greetings,
Vio

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/7 07:18
@Vio - if you were interested, it is called a permit.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can i enter Japan on Visa Exempt? 2022/10/7 15:01
Thank you very much, JapanCustomTours! :-)

YES, this was the word I was searching for so hard!

Greetings,
Vio

reply to this thread