Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Two weeks in Tokyo, Japan 2022/10/10 17:47
Hi :)

My partner and myself are looking at booking a two week holiday to Tokyo, Japan for next week.

We are thinking either 14th September onwards or the last two weeks of October.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which time would be best?

We visited during a public holiday before so would like to avoid them if possible. It got quite busy and some places were shut.

We both also love Digimon and the Digimon TCG. Does anyone have any recommendations of places to visit?

Thank you,

Meg
by Megan Mills (guest)  

Re: Two weeks in Tokyo, Japan 2022/10/10 19:18
I've traveled both times.

Late September will be warmer, with a small rick of storms.

Late October tends to be a quiet month for traveling.

Just depends on what you wanna do. If any activities in water, I'd go September. Otherwise October will suit your needs.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

I might be missing something 2022/10/10 23:27
You're either talking about next year instead of next week, or October instead of September.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Two weeks in Tokyo, Japan 2022/10/10 23:29
I did mean Next Year, sorry for any confusion caused.
by Megan Mills (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two weeks in Tokyo, Japan 2022/10/11 05:20
are you planning to spend the entire two weeks just in Tokyo?

September is still the typhoon season, so it's not super ideal since it can still be quite humid with chance of storms.

October is mild, at times brisk, but beautiful, and the Halloween vibe in Japan is pretty cute and fun.
by Celty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Two weeks in Tokyo, Japan 2022/10/11 12:41
Thanks for the clarification. If it were between the two dates, I would definitely recommend the latter.

September is still summer vacation for most university students.
September 16-18, 2023, is a holiday weekend.
In mid-September, Tokyo provides you with lush green trees, but also some mosquitoes depending on the places you walk/sit.
Some days are still hot and humid in mid-September, especially if you walk around.
In the last two weeks of October, Tokyo provides you beautiful autumn leave colors, and there would hardly be bugs if not none.
Late October in Tokyo is traditionally known to be not too hot and not too cold. (For that reason, the 1964 Tokyo Olympics started on Oct 10 which was the date with the best weather records.)

I wouldn't think about typhoons, because it's like a bet. You can get weather as horrible as that in both mid-Sept and late Oct. You never know. I, a former Tokyo-ite, managed to make two trips within Japan this mid-Sept without getting hard rain.

But if it so happens that the prices offered to you are radically different between the two dates, I'd probably go for the cheaper one. Mid-Sept is still not bad at all, and when prices are cheaper, service tends to be better, because cheap prices implies that there would be less tourists being attracted if it weren't for the price.

I hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread