Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling with a baby in January 2022/10/12 17:40
Hi everyone,

After more than two years of travel hiatus, my husband and I plan to go to Japan in January 2023, and this time we are going to bring our 1 year old daughter. We are living in sunny Singapore and really can't wait to introduce our daughter to winter weather and the beauty of Japan.

We are planning to explore some parts of Japan in 15 days (31 Dec to 14 Jan) and will be flying in and out from Osaka. Our itinerary is still fluid as we are trying to find the best itinerary, considering we are traveling now with our daughter. We are looking for suggestions on the places to visit and eat that are family friendly, as well as any tips for travelling with baby during this time. We are thinking to spend our time in Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara; as well as looking into possibilities to go to Takayama/Hakone/Tokyo as well.

Thanks!!
by Samantha (guest)  

Re: Traveling with a baby in January 2022/10/12 22:09
Hi!

My advice is splurge and stay in a nicer hotel. With kids, all sorts of things can come up and and sometimes you just need to spend time in the hotel and having a nicer larger room makes a difference. I would also make sure your hotel rooms in conveniently located. In 2017, my 6 year old got sick one of the days we had in Kyoto, so we had to spend the entire day in our hotel.

Good luck!

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling with a baby in January 2022/10/13 01:35
Tips on traveling with kids: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2460.html

Still the best vlog on Kyoto and Nara, with or without kids: https://youtu.be/Zebzd7EnlSM

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling with a baby in January 2022/10/13 04:20
The hardest thing about travelling at that time is that it is so cold outside but so hot inside. Most people say to layer, but then you have to take off two or three layers when you come from 1 celsius outside to what feels like 30 celsius in shops, restaurants, transport. I just try one big, heavy jacket over a tee which works for me.

The places that you are looking to go are very nice, some of our favorites, especially Nara, Takayama, and Hakone. Also think about stopping at Hikone (near Kyoto) for a nice original castle.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling with a baby in January 2022/10/17 11:17
Department store dining lol
by B (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread