Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hiking from Kegon falls to Nikko 2022/10/13 17:32
Hi, I am planning a short visit to Nikko (not for the first time). The idea is to take a bus to Kegon falls and hike back to Nikko station. I tried to plan the track, but I am afraid, the route I got is Road 120 itself.
Is there a hiking track that leads back to the city or is it better to take a hike around the lake and falls and catch a bus back to Nikko station?
Thank you for your help :-)
by RJanka  

Re: Hiking from Kegon falls to Nikko 2022/10/13 17:44
The idea is to take a bus to Kegon falls and hike back to Nikko station. I tried to plan the track, but I am afraid, the route I got is Road 120 itself.

Indeed, unfortunately there does not exist any hiking trail!

It is definitely better to do some hiking in the Okunikko region. I personally did not particularly enjoy the hiking trails around Lake Chuzenjiko because they are almost entirely in the woods and offer surprisingly few views of the lake and surrounding landscape, while being surprisingly up-and-down despite the fact that they follow lakeshores. Not very attractive in my personal opinion.

I love the trail between Ryuzunotaki via the Senjogahara Marshland to Yumoto, except that it can become unpleasantly crowded.

If you like hiking up steep mountains for hours and get rewarded with nice views (if visibility is good), I understand that the hike up Mount Nantaisan can be rewarding.

For a short and easy "hike", I recommend walking to the Hangetsuyama observation deck, but it is only about 20 minutes one way:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3815.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hiking from Kegon falls to Nikko 2022/10/17 13:23
Please refer to this as well.
http://www.nikkoyumoto-vc.com/hiking/
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread