Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/26 22:56
Hello there!

I will be taking Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route on my way from Nagano to Kyoto, but I don't know what to do with my luggage. I know that there is a forwarding services at Shinano-omachi, but it would be a hassle to stop there to drop the luggage, because I would have to wait over an hour for the next bus to Ogizawa. I thought about forwarding luggage from Nagano (hotel near Nagano Sta.) to hotel in Kyoto (close to Kyoto Sta.). Is it possible to do same day delivery? (or dropping the luggage in the evening of the prior day ~20:00 to reclaim it in Kyoto in the evening?). How can I do it? What will be the estimated cost of the service? I tried to look it up on global-yamato website, but unfortunately I don't get it much.

Thank you in advance for the help!
by Sarachiel  

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/27 14:52
Hotel to hotel shipment is the most convenient. Normally that will be next day delivery. Ask in your hotel what is their drop off deadline and they can inform you about costs as it depends on size.

And the just bring a small bag with you with cloths for 1 night/day.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/28 23:22
@LikeBike

Thanks for the answer!

I tried contacting my hotel both through booking.com and direct e-mail 2 days ago and still didn't get any response. Just in case, is it possible to forward luggage from Nagano Station to Kyoto Station/my hotel?

I found some information here: https://www.global-yamato.com/en/hands-free-travel/facilities/nagano_s...

There is MIDORI - Nagano Station Center that is open each day 9:00 - 20:00. Do you think that if I drop the baggage there by the 20:00 it will be delivered to my hotel in Kyoto by the evening of the next day?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
by Sarachiel rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/28 23:40
Practically from all hotels you can send luggage. However you can send luggage also from most conbinis.

I am sure there will be no problem sending your luggage from Nagano to your HOTEL in Kyoto. You canft send it to Kyoto station.

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/28 23:40
Practically from all hotels you can send luggage. However you can send luggage also from most conbinis.

I am sure there will be no problem sending your luggage from Nagano to your HOTEL in Kyoto. You canft send it to Kyoto station.

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/10/29 02:31
Hi!

I would personally try contacting the email for:
https://www.global-yamato.com/en/hands-free-travel/facilities/nagano_s...

I don't remember your specific itinerary, but I do remember you wanted to do the Tataeyama-Kurobe Alpine Route so the following might be helpful. The Midori Nagano office does same day to the following locations if dropped off by 11:30, arrival by 18:00
Hotels in Nagano-shi and Yamanouchi-cho, Dentetsu-Toyama Station (2020/4/15-2020/11/4)

While those are 2020 dates, I would imagine 2022 is similar but I would still email Midori to ask! So depending on your dates you might ask where the Dententsu Toyama Pickup option is, since that could make the most sense for you.

If you successfully complete the route, you will end at Dententsu Toyama Station. And if you had to back track you just get off at Toyama Station and transfer within the station to Dententsu Toyama Station. (This is all assuming you have a rail pass so can come and go from JR Stations.) You would then catch the train from Toyama to Kanazawa and then Kanazawa to Kyoto.

Toyama Station is really small so it shouldn't be so awful. There are more trains between Kanazawa and Toyama than in the opposite direction.

If they are not still doing delivery to Toyama, ask via email to the Midori what is the cut off time for next day delivery of luggage to the *Name of your hotel* in Kyoto.

Since the Midori office specifically says they have English speaking staff and your hotel may or may not, they are more likely to respond.

I used the Midori delivery service to send my small bags same day to my ryokan in Kanabayashi Onsen in February 2020. It was great, we went hands free to Shiga Kogen for some snow time and then went to our ryokan.

Good luck!

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/11/25 02:03
Can you please type e-mail address of the office in Nagano and Toyama? The link does not work for me.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Nagano to Kyoto 2022/11/25 11:40
It looks like actually the Nagano service might be currently closed.
https://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/info/info_210226.html

I think they should personally put that information on the actual page of the location since you can do a google search and never get to the home page with the additional closure information.

So I suspect the email is no longer available because the office is not currently open and it is unclear when/if it might re-open.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread