Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renew residence card by proxy 2022/10/28 13:04
Me and my wife are permanent resident of Japan, we are currently outside of Japan and our residence card has expired. Re-entry permit is still valid. I am planning to be in Japan and would get my residence card renewed. My question is can I get my wifefs and minor kids card extended by proxy without they being present at the immigration office?
by KB (guest)  

Re: Renew residence card by proxy 2022/10/29 07:56
Advice from my lawyer is that you are required to be in Japan at the time of application.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Renew residence card by proxy 2022/10/29 11:22
their logic is simple.
the resident status is not the "right". it is the "permission".
you need to maintain it, if you want to keep "living" in Japan.
and the renewal is very easy, when you are "living" in Japan.
in other words, they ask you why you are not living in Japan, although you have the permission. if you are currently living outside of Japan, you don't need it right now, don't you ? (permanent resident status is "resident status" and not "visiting status".)
their legal operation is rather very kind. you don't need to reside in Japan. you only need to show up to their office in Japan for renewal.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread