Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/30 17:09
I will be travelling to Japan in January 2023 and intend to get a Pasmo card upon my arrival in Tokyo. However, I will be going from Tokyo to Kyoto and then to Osaka, and leaving Japan from Osaka. As such, I would like to return my Pasmo card at Tokyo Station before my departure to Kyoto and get an Icoca card in Kyoto that I can return in Osaka.

Would just like to confirm that it is possible to return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station as that's where I intend to get the shinkansen to Kyoto.

Thanks!
by WL (guest)  

Re: Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/31 08:18
You should be able to return it at the subway station of the Marunouchi Subway Line.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/31 08:51
You might want to just consider getting the Welcome Suica JR East has (details at the link)
https://www.jreast.co.jp/multi/en/welcomesuica/welcomesuica.html

It doesn't have a deposit, can be used in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka, and you just make sure to bring it down to 0 before you leave and take the card with you. My tween and I got Welcome Suica cards in February 2020 right before Covid when I forgot our Suica cards at home. It wasn't that hard to run them down to 0 buying last minute stuff from a some of the shops in Narita, since I don't know what will be open at KIX when you are there, just use it at a combini to run it down to 0.

by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/31 11:30
You can use the Pasmo card in Osaka - why not just keep it/use it there? It costs to get any un-used balance returned (220 yen) and you don't get the 500 yen deposit back. Just use up the available balance before leaving Japan. For the sake of a few bucks, seems like more hassle than it is worth IMO.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/31 13:50
I agree with JapanCustomTours, and would also like to remind the OP that you can use Pasmo and other IC transportation cards for regular shopping such as buying foods and souvenirs at most shops, large and small, throughout Japan, including the shops at airports.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Can I return a Pasmo card at Tokyo Station? 2022/10/31 20:34
Thank you all for your input! Will consider just keeping the Pasmo card for use in Kyoto & Osaka.
by WL (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread