Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Change flights after getting tourist visa? 2022/10/30 18:32
Hello,

I am planning on applying for a Japan tourist visa, and I have some questions about the flight information we put on the visa application. I have two flight options, one is (a lot) more expensive, but is refundable, and another one is of really good price, but not refundable. I want to put the refundable flight info on my visa application for now - since I'm not certain if I can get the visa or not. And if (hopefully) I can get the visa, I will cancel the ticket and then re-book with the better price one. Do you think this will work? Did anyone try to do this after they got their tourist visa and succeed?
Both refundable and non-refundable flight options would depart, and land at the same airports as each other, BUT the airlines are different.
Thanks
by nees (guest)  

Re: Change flights after getting tourist visa? 2022/10/31 10:08
Should be ok as long as the dates of your trip are within the visa validity.

However, you might want to double check if a confirmed ticket is required in your visa application. They usually ask for an itinerary but not a confirmed ticket.
by andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread