Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/10/31 21:11
Last time we took our grand-daughter to Tokyo we discovered that we should have booked far ahead for the Ghibli Museum...
It's very hard to work out how to do that from Australia in English - any helpo with that would be verrrry welcome.
Thanks to all!
by yeshekathy  

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 12:43
Book through one of the travel agents that deal with tickets. A simple google search will net you a result to book through.

I think I did it through H.I.S.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 13:53
Hi!

I just received an email from Japan Experience (thanks to entering in a contest linked to from this website) stating that from November 10th for February 2023, the tickets will be reservation but not lottery.

https://www.japan-experience.com/all-about-japan/news/ghibli-park?utm_...

So what I would do, is post November 10, see which websites are offering the chance to try to reserve tickets in advance for when you want to go (assuming it is reservation) I imagine Klook, JTB, and other day tour sites will be offering some option. When it was just the museum in Mitaka, pre-Pandemic, I know JTB use to have a ticket special though they started requiring you to book something else with them as well.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 14:10
@yeshekathy

You mean Museum yeah? I know you typed that in your topic title and mentioned Tokyo as well but the first person who replied post info on the park...

As far as I know there is unfortunately no way to book museum tickets from overseas in English right now. I recently helped a family member book some and had to make a call to make some special arrangements because tickets issued here have the buyer's name printed on them that the museum staff will supposedly check on entry.

by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 14:11
Rkoldfs reply seems to reference Ghibli PARK but PP is asking about Ghibli MUSEUM.

Anyway, for the museum it is explained here. I know that buying online from overseers is possible. But you need to do it at the time the sale starts. I once tried in the conbini store in Japan on the afternoon of the day that sale had started and there were no tickets left. Next time we tried my husband stayed up until late at night in EU to go online when the sale starts. It took him a bit of time to get through but when he managed he got us tickets.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 14:20
If you mean the museum in Mitaka, I expect tickets will be available in the near future places like Klook and Japan Experience in the future as well.

I got tickets pre-Covid, but I asked the concierge at my hotel to get them for me. They were in my and my daughter's name. If I wanted to go back I would ask the concierge again. Since you are staying in a house I don't really know if your rental agent will be as forthcoming with help.

But honestly, I think some of it is just waiting as I am pretty sure the last ticket release was before Japan had fully reopened and I expect at some point in November things will change.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/1 16:07
I bought mine through bridge japan. Last month. Their ghibli form isnft working. You need to message them via the contact us form. They collect all applications from 1st to -8th of every month if I remember correctly and tell you on the 10th/11th if they got the tickets.
by Chrisp (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/3 14:29
Well, no wonder I was finding it confusing... I have already booked a house in Tokyo so perhaps the best idea is to ask our hosts if they can make the bookings for us.
Thank you for all your input. I'll keep an eye on the situation for the moment.
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/3 17:55
Well you can ask your hosts, but it is actually not that easy to buy tickets even in Japan. As said I tried once in a conbini on the afternoon of the day the tickets went on sale and it was already too late.
As a PP described a way how she/he was able to purchase tickets I would try that first.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/3 18:35
will try and let you know.

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/28 04:14
Hi - I thought I'd ask if you were successful in booking tickets, via Bridge Japan or otherwise? I'm hoping to buy tickets for February 2023 so thought I'd check and see how you and/or any others are getting on!
by Julie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/28 06:49
My most recent advice from a friend in Tokyo was that tickets for April would most likely be available to book on 10th March (ie the month before). That would mean that you should be seriously checking from the beginning of January. That's referring to the museum in Mitaka - not the new theme park. APlease let me know how you go.

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/11/28 06:57
This is the thread for people in Japan (I needed to translate it through google). If you are staying in a hotel you can perhaps ask the concierge to do the booking for you. I have asked the owner of the house we are staying in and hopefully that will work... it's difficult.
https://www.ghibli-museum.jp/ticket/

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/12/15 08:57
I booked 2 different Ghibli Museum trips/tickets through Daisuke @ Pitt Travel here in Sydney , dai@japanpackage.com.au
by Tex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2022/12/15 21:20
Wow, that's great Tex, when did you do this? Are the recent bookings or was it pre-covid?

Re: Booking for the Ghibli Museum from Australia 2023/3/10 11:36
Just so you can have the final information... tickets for April 2023 came on sale at 10.00am Japan time this morning (10th March).

I stayed home and had the website open and started trying straight away.

The website was swamped. I got through to the stage of putting in my name once after 20 minutes but then it crashed completely and all I got was an error message for another 40 minutes.

Then I seemed to be able to make bookings but although the site said that there were vacancies on the days and times I wanted, by the time I put in my details I was told the tickets were sold out... sigh...

So I spent 94 minutes going back and forth on the site and ended up with nothing. We are in Tokyo for 6 days in April and I could not get a booking at any time of any of the days. Very sad... my grand-daughter really wanted to go...

reply to this thread