Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cherry blossom in Honshu 2022/11/5 17:44
Hello
Appreciate advice, please.
I will be visiting Tokyo, Osaka and Hiroshima 1 to 8 Apr 2023.
May I ask if I have a good chance to see cherry blossom?
Thank you.
by LIM LM (guest)  

Re: Cherry blossom in Honshu 2022/11/6 07:50
Yes, your chances are good. Even if it were to become an exceptionally early season and the blossoms have dropped in the cities already, you could easily visit some nearby places where the season is still in full swing. If it becomes a late year (there have not been many late years recently - although La Nina winters tend to be cold), you may arrive a few days before full bloom is reached, but that time of the season tends to be quite attractive.

In most years, Tokyo blooms a few days ahead of Osaka and Hiroshima.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Cherry blossom in Honshu 2022/11/7 07:27
Yes. Cherry blossom occurs throughout the year (I saw some yesterday), although mostly concentrated in the spring. For the Shinjuku National Gardens, their official cherry blossom period last SIX WEEKS.
For Kyoyo, there are famous locations that have great displays of blossom in March through to the end of April, and the Osaka Mint is another popular location for viewing across an extended period of weeks.
There are over 600 different types in Japan, although most people only comment on one particular strain which is frustrating when there is so much around through March, April and into May (in Honshu).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread