Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rail Passes 2022/11/10 18:56
Hi,
I will be travelling to Japan from Nov 29 to Dec 19 next year (Total 21 days).
Considering JR Pass 21 days is quite expensive, am I allowed to travel Japan using different types of passes according to my needs, for example

Plan A
Day 1 - Land in Osaka
Day 2-6 - Travel to Kyoto, and thereafter, throughout the region using 5 days Kintetsu Pass
Day 7 - 21 - Travel to Hokkaido, thereafter throughout Japan using 14 days JR Pass, back to Osaka for my flight home

Plan B
Day 1 - Land in Osaka
Day 2-6 - Travel to Kyoto, and thereafter, throughout the region using 5 days Kintetsu Pass
Day 7- 10 - Travel throughout the region using 4 days JR Kansai Pass
Day 11- 16 - Travel to Hokkaido, and thereafter, throughout Japan using 7 days JR Pass, back to Osaka on Day 16
Day 17-Day 21 - Enjoy Osaka on regular train tickets until my flight home.

These are just examples. Haven't quite work out my itinerary yet.
Thank you.

by Chan (guest)  

Re: Rail Passes 2022/11/10 21:18
Last time I checked it wasnft yet mandatory to buy a JR pass 😊

So yea, please calculate well if any pass and if yes which pass will pay off. Also consider other modes of transport such as flying to Hokkaido.

From your itinerary what I would do:
- fly into Osaka
- spend time in Kansai area
- fly to Hokkaido
- if you want to see something between Hokkaido and Tokyo get the train (but late Nov/early Dec isnft the best time for Tohoku (not for Hokkaido for that matter). Koyo is over and snow isnft there yet. So personally I would scrap Hokkaido from this travel. Maybe replace with Kyushu?
- if you donft want to see anything between Hokkaido and Tokyo, fly to Tokyo
- stay in Tokyo
- fly back home from Tokyo.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Rail Passes 2022/11/13 22:24
Beside Transportation pass, you need to visit
A Lot of beautiful place. so my recommendat ion Tokyo summerland cost Adult=3900 yen
Junior high school=3300 yen
Elementary school=2700 yen
Senior/kid=2000 yen for 1 day pass

Located in kamiyotsugi akiruno,30 minutes bus ride from keio hachioji station and 520 yen bus fare to akigawa st.
by Ron (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread