Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 59

1 2 3
next

USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2022/11/10 21:27
Hello Guys,
I noticed in the USJ website when I want to buy the online park tickets, that currently they are not accepting visa and mastercard that are issued outside of Japan. Now, how do i purchase it then? as my credit cards are all issued outside of Japan. This confuse me. Thank you.
by Chris (guest)  

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2022/11/11 04:40
Tickets can also be purchased through services that value foreign visitors, such as Klook:
https://www.klook.com/activity/46604-universal-studios-japan-e-ticket-...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2022/11/11 15:26
We used Apple Pay to purchase the tickets
by Whalesings (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2022/11/11 17:35
I used an Aussie Mastercard 2 weeks ago and got both tickets and express pass. It should work just try it see.
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/2/17 21:08
Hey all,

I'm also on the USJ site trying to get a February 2023 ticket. The original post is correct....my U.S. based Mastercard and Visa aren't working.

Super weird. and mildly sad--they have that nintendo wall greeting us when we come in through narita. Zetsubou!
by dmango (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/2/19 01:48
i ended up downloading the app and using apple pay with my amercian express card and it finally worked!
by jt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/2/26 21:41
February 2023: Australian MasterCard on Apple Pay doesnft work. I read that only American ones work.
by Helen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/1 02:51
Apple ID should work eventually, it worked for my mastercard (after trying about 11 times in total).

I had no luck on 3 MC/VISA debit cards on desktop and on the 5th attempt via the app & Apple ID it finally decided to work!
by ushotkennyx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/1 02:52
Apple Pay should work eventually, it worked for my mastercard (after trying about 11 times in total).

I had no luck on 3 MC/VISA debit cards on desktop and on the 5th attempt via the app & Apple Pay it finally decided to work!
by ushotkennyx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/6 06:20
True, as with everyone else, website didnt work for me after trying 2 UK mastercards and a visa. Then read this thread and decided to use applepay on the app, after about 5 tries with the same cards worked.
by ABR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/11 18:45
I'm trying to book tickets for USJ now for May 2023 but their website does not accept visa debit. Also tried Apple pay and Visa MasterCard and that doesn't work either!! This is stressful as we need to book asap! Any advice please??
by hie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/12 18:09
This post saved my life! I got rejected on website at least 6 times, then I used usj app and apple pay, finally got it after couple of times trying a US Visa card.
by Jasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/14 05:33
Wow! I've been struggling to purchase tickets using website and mobile app using a variety of American debit cards, credit cards and even a Wise card with enough Yen loaded on it. Finally I saw this post and tried Apple Play multiple times until it worked! Thank you!
by Jon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/15 00:24
I'm glad I found this thread. I also was struggling on the website. I had to use the my iPhone. I was able to do it through Google Chrome, but when I used my Chase Sapphire and Freedom cards and those didn't work, the 3rd I tried my Delta American Express Card and it worked!
by Future MBA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/16 03:25
Has anyone had any luck without apple pay? The only apple product I have is a mac and I am not allowed to use the wallet on it due to security restrictions.
by Rachael (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/17 22:57
Okay, so I have had a hell of a time the last couple of days with this.
First of all, it seems to differ based on your card type. We tried going through the regular USJ website numerous times.
For US people, you have to change your time zone to Japan if you want to buy it the actual day it goes on sale. Since Japan is 12-15 hours ahead of us. If your time is still showing the normal date, and Japan is already in tomorrow, it will only let you buy the day before. IE today is the 17th in the US, but Japan is already on the 18th. So in the US you can buy up to the 17th, but if you change your time zone on your computer/phone to Japan time, it will let you starting at 1am Japan time.
We have a larger group going, 12 people. And in the English site they limit it to 4 tickets. So that exasperated our issues.
Exactly one of us had an iPhone. But we tried most of the day to get tickets via the website (on non Apple devices) as I had been told it was working for foreigners. Well I asked again and they were Australian and had it work with their MasterCard. I don't know if credit card numbers are different, but our US cards were not working. Primarily Visa, but a couple of friends with Mastercards tried. No one had an AmEx.
We ended up going to a family members house with an apple phone and tablet. We set up our card on her apple wallet and changed her time zone. We downloaded the USJ app, and started the process around 5:30. By 9:00pm we had 4 tickets, but need at least 8 for this group. A friend was able to get 2. We had tried probably about a dozen times to just get those 4. The biggest problem that we ran into was as we were trying to buy the tickets, if you tried like 3 times the ticket entry times for the fast passes were 'not available'. It was almost as if every time you tried to make it go through it was holding them for an hour or so. So we would have to back out, select a new time and go back in. At some point we basically had all of the times locked out and the only available times left were not great. One of my friends was worried they were selling out, but if you checked the day before (also in the middle of the week) there were tons available. Between all of us trying it just locked all the times out for fast passes. If you are not picky on times and just accept whatever your best bet would be to use Klook, but we reallllly wanted to get into Nintendo World early and have dedicated times that we could pick.
We borrowed the iPad and tried later that night a few times and it didn't go through again. Tried first thing in the morning and it went through. THE FIRST TIME. I will tell you, this was an awful process. I was about to give up and book through Klook when someone said "Is an hour and a half enough time at Harry Potter World because that's all our Klook fast passes gave us" and I thought if we got shafted on times for both areas I would be so sad.
Overall, we tried a ton of times on different phones/computers that were not apple.
And they did not work and just kept locking the times out and denying our cards. The process is awful. If you don't have an iPhone or access to one I wouldn't even try honestly. And if you aren't super picky on times, just use Klook.

Good luck!
by Angela C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/23 23:56
Did you guys receive any QR code instantly after the purchase? I didnft receive any email after the confirmation page and I didnft get to screenshot the confirmation number. I checked my Amex and therefs a debit history. I tried to look up in the app and canft seem to retrieve any purchase history or the ticket. Does it take time for the QR code to email to your mailbox?
by MJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/24 02:05
So after reading this thread I tried to purchase tickets for May 24 today. My first 5 attempts in the app with apple pay failed, but my husband tried once on his computer with NO apple pay and with an American Visa and it went through on the first attempt. Very weird! But then when we got the email with our tickets it gave us different express passes then what we had in our cart. We had tried to purchase 11am Nintendo World entry passes, but it ended up giving us a pack with 4pm Nintendo World entry passes. I have no clue what to do, it's driving us crazy. We have sent an email to the USJ customer support but I am not expecting much. This whole system is way too buggy.
by Amber (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/29 13:54
This thread really helped me and gave me hope to get my tickets.
I ended up using the app (after changing my phone language to English (US))
I had to try Apple Pay Mastercard about 10 times before it worked. But eventually it went through!! Phew
by Daniel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Online Ticket Payment Visa 2023/3/29 23:53
Agree with the advice above. The website would not accept my U.S.-issued Visa or Mastercard. But when I downloaded the Universal Studios Japan app and tried Apple Pay with my Visa, it finally worked on the third try. Just keep trying!
by Katie (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 59

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread