Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/11 23:15
Hi everyone,
in may we are going to visit Japan for 3 weeks, during this period we'd like to taste a top notch Sushi restaurant in Tokyo.
We are going to visit Tsukiji and try some sushi there, maybe even a belt sushi once. But apart from these, we really want to taste one of the best sushi around, maybe with a Michelin star. Our budget is around 200€ for an Omakase.

Is there a Foreigners friendly high end sushi we can book? I've heard often you're forced to have a Japanese speaker with you, but unfortunately we don't have one.

We're visiting Kyoto, Kanazawa and Hiroshima too if you know a place there

Thank you
by Margu  

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/12 08:00
I watch this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEd0DiunkbkmnXj7X0XV-w
It's all about sushi, mostly Omakase.
Many of the places featured are Michelin starred, but not all.
I will be going to one introduced in his channel in Shibuya next week, then another one in Kanazawa the week after next.
by Nonn Bay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/12 09:16
Kyubei:
They have one restaurant in Ginza area and an other one in Keio Hotel in Shinjuku

http://www.kyubey.jp/

Definitely high end and definitely foreigner friendly.

I went to the Ginza restaurant some years ago and it was magnificent.

You need to reserve ahead of time but your hotel can help with that.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/13 02:01
Another vote for Kyubey. Only high-end restaurant I've ever visited in Japan, and if I ever had a chance to go to another I would probably just choose Kyubey again.

Understand you're looking for high-end but for a different sushi/kaisen experience I would still try to get something to eat at the market in Kanazawa too. I find the food and eating experience there to be probably better than anything I ever had at Tsukiji.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/13 20:44
Thank you everyone for your suggestion. Kyubey sure looks the most foreign friendly, searching online I found a lot of reviews confirming it.
@Liz can you tell me the name of the market in Kanazawa, we'll visit it for sure!
by Margu rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/13 20:46
Also, how far in advance should we book? We are booking through the Hotel, but we don't have one at the moment.

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/14 00:57
@Margu It's called Omicho Ichiba. 10-15 minutes up the main road from Kanazawa Station's east exit. Well worth a visit for breakfast or lunch and shopping (there are other, less perishable foods and drinks on sale too).
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/15 00:37
Another big thumbs up for Omicho market in Kanazawa. Had some of the best chirashi ever on a visit there. Expensive for lunch, but very good value.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/15 00:43
Another big thumbs up for Omicho market in Kanazawa. Had some of the best chirashi ever on a visit there. Expensive for lunch, but very good value. https://ohmicho-ichiba.com/gourmet/
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/11/15 23:34
Perfect! Omicho market it's already in our schedule. Thank you everyone for the precious recommendations

Re: High end Sushi in Tokyo for Foreigners 2022/12/2 10:06
by Christian Hirose Romeo Graham rate this post as useful

reply to this thread