Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ERFS, fraud company? 2022/11/14 02:34
I know this may seem extremely paranoid, but thisfll be my first time traveling abroad and I just want to ease my worries.

Back when ERFSfs were a thing, I purchased one from a company (not JGA), but didnft end up applying for a Visa.

I noticed that the name they go under (Ifll call them company A), is different from the name they put as the receiving organization (company B). Company A is not located in Japan, but company B is, and is a licensed tour company under JATA. I tried to see if I could find any connection between the two, but I didnft see anything.

My concern is that company A somehow impersonated company B, and issued ERFS under their name/credentials but without their permission/knowledge. So the ERFS was real, but company B didnft issue it and had no actual involvement. Is that possible? Is there any risk to me should it somehow get brought up?

And I know itfs not likely to get brought up, but Ifm worried that I might get stopped for questioning at immigration if I look nervous, and when they search my name theyfll see Ifm in the ERFS system, and ask questions about that. Thanks.
by summersky (guest)  

Re: ERFS, fraud company? 2022/11/14 07:02
It was very common practice for travel agents outside of Japan to get their ERFSs from a different travel agent inside Japan. Therefore, I think you have nothing to worry about.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: ERFS, fraud company? 2022/11/14 08:06
Very unlikely there would be an issue.
The registration process and issuance procedures made it very difficult for someone to impersonate a different company or apply for an ERFS pretending to be someone else.
Taking as an example the HUGE sales/travel company AJT (All Japan Tours) that operates in the USA. You would have found that the company in Japan issuing the ERFS was a completely different name, although the link between the two is easier to find (more obvious).
There are a number of other companies I am aware of that issued ERFS from their Japan based partner while not having an obvious link to the company actually "selling" the ERFS.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: ERFS, fraud company? 2022/11/14 08:07
ERFS are no longer needed. So they wonft be checked.
And border control in Japan (and most other places in the world arenft as mean an US border control. They actually want to let tourists & business travelers in. Not like in the US where sometimes you feel like the border guard has been trained by the Spanish Inquisition.

https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread